Cookies improve your user experience
When visiting the “Working at Schiphol” website, cookies are created and consulted by our systems and those of third parties. A cookie is a compact piece of information that is stored on your computer. Schiphol uses a number of cookies, each with different properties.
Types of cookies at werkenbijschiphol.nl
- Functional cookies promote the ease of use of the website. For example, preferences are stored and you do not have to log in each time you visit. We use functional cookies.
- Monitoring or analytical cookies can anonymously map out visitor and search behaviour and adjust our services accordingly. This allows us to provide you, as a (prospective) visitor, with an even better service. We use monitoring cookies from Google Analytics and Digital Analytics.
As part of the Google Analytics service, the US company Google stores a cookie via our site. Google will only share the information it has obtained with third parties who process the data on behalf of the company, or when Google is legally obliged to do so. This is beyond our control. The information collected by Google is mainly anonymised. For example, only part of your IP address is included. The data is stored on Google’s servers in the United States.
When using Google Analytics cookies, we follow the recommendations of the Dutch Data Protection Authority:
- We have signed a processor’s agreement with Google Inc. stating that Google must handle the cookie information with due care;
- Within the framework of data minimisation, we have opted to encode the last eight digits of IP addresses;
- The ‘Data sharing’ function is turned off, again within the framework of data minimisation;
- We do not use any other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies;
- We do not store or use personal information;
- We never share information from Google Analytics cookies with third parties (except with sub-processors).
- Marketing or interest cookies store your interests so that you can receive messages on and off our website that are in line with your interests following your visit to the Working at Schiphol website.
- Social Media Cookies can collect data about the activities of users. This makes it possible to view fragments of social platforms, share content from our website with your friends and respond to messages from other users, among other things. Some social media cookies that are placed can be used by social media networks to use your internet behaviour for commercial purposes. This is beyond the control of Schiphol.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/10502/uw-account-en-privacyinstellingen-beheren-overzicht?lang=nl.
- Google+ / YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=nl
Here you will find an overview of the cookies (per category) that are used via this website.
Can you refuse or delete cookies?
If you do not want advertisers to analyse your online behaviour, you can state your preference on the website of Your Online Choices.
The name ‘Schiphol’ refers to: Schiphol Nederland BV and associated companies.