PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR WERKENBIJSCHIPHOL
Schiphol Nederland B.V. (‘Schiphol’) attaches great value to protecting your privacy. By means of this Privacy Statement, Schiphol wishes to be transparent about how it handles the personal data that it becomes party to when you apply for a job through the https://www.werkenbijschiphol.nl website or use any of the other services provided on that website.
2. Which personal data do we process?
The following personal data is processed through the werkenbijschiphol.nl website:
- Application details: When you, as a visitor, provide your personal data to our website https://werkenbijschiphol.nl (“Werken bij Schiphol”), you do this because you wish to apply for a vacancy at Schiphol. You do this by completing an online form which asks you for the following information in order to process your job application or internship application: first name, surname, telephone number, e-mail address, level of education, availability, CV and motivation. You can also upload your CV and motivation letter at the same time. Most jobs within Schiphol require a Certificate of No Objection to be issued.
- Job Alerts: On the werkenbijschiphol.nl website, you can indicate that you wish to receive ‘Job Alerts’. If you wish to be notified about vacancies in your areas of interest, we will retain your e-mail address and any search criteria that you specify. In order to set up Job Alerts, we will process the following data: your e-mail address, search criteria and the selected frequency for receiving Job Alerts.
- Website data: Schiphol’s web server automatically collects IP addresses. Your IP address is a number that allows other computers on the network to identify your computer, so that data (such as internet pages) can be sent to your computer.
3. Why do we process your data?
- Information about job applications: Schiphol uses job applicants’ personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. This means that we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. We do not use your data for any other purposes.
- Job Alerts: Schiphol uses your personal data only in order to send you Job Alerts. We do not use your data for any other purposes.
- Website data: Schiphol uses IP addresses to manage its website and to make it as relevant as possible to users. We do not use your data for any other purposes.
4. How long do we retain your data?
- Information about job applications: Schiphol will delete your data one month after closing the application procedure. If you have given your consent (by clicking the relevant button on the WerkenbijSchiphol website) during the application process, we will retain your data for up to one year after the application procedure has ended. After that, we will delete your data.
- Job Alerts: We will delete your data as soon as you indicate that you no longer wish to receive Job Alerts.
- Website data: We delete website data as soon as your visit to the website has ended.
5. Who do we share your data with?
It is possible to exchange data with Schiphol using social media, including via Facebook, LinkedIn and WhatsApp. In this regard, we would like to draw your attention to the following:
- In order to register users and send messages, account data or other data is only processed when using the services of Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter. Schiphol does not store or process account data or other data in other ways.
- If you, as a visitor, choose to respond (apply) using a LinkedIn account, your data will be retrieved from LinkedIn and added to your application form.
Your data will not be shared with third parties in any other way.
6. Processing personal data outside the European Union
Schiphol processes personal data within the European Union wherever possible. Schiphol may work with processing parties who provide IT services in countries outside the European Union, including the United States of America or India, whereby data are processed. Schiphol only does this in a manner that complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
7. Which rights do you have?
Access to, amendment of and deletion of your personal data
You have the right to know which personal data about you are processed by Schiphol. If we have not obtained that data directly from you, you also have the right to know which source the data has been obtained from and to receive a copy thereof.
If your personal data is incorrect, you can ask us to amend your data. You can also ask us to delete personal data and to cease using it. If we process your personal data on the basis of your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing it after you withdraw that consent, we will always comply with your request to delete your data. In some cases, we may refuse your request.
Restriction of processing and the right to transfer your data
If in your opinion we are not processing your data in the correct manner, you can request a restriction on how we use your data.
You can also ask us to transfer your digital personal data to you or to another party in a readable and usable form.
Submitting an objection
Besides requesting the deletion of your data or the restriction of our processing of your data, you can also submit an objection to the processing of personal data by Schiphol. You can do this firstly if you do not agree to Schiphol using your personal data for direct marketing (for instance by profiling).
Secondly, you can object to the use of your personal data owing to your specific situation. If you submit an objection, we will in principle temporarily discontinue or restrict the processing of your personal data. If your objection is accepted, we will definitively discontinue or restrict the processing of your data.
If you have any questions or requests or if you wish to submit an objection, please e-mail our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our utmost to respond to your request as soon as possible.
We may ask you to send us a copy of a valid ID if this is necessary in order to confirm your identity.
If any part of your request is unclear to us, we may ask you to clarify your request and/or to provide us with further information, so that we can provide you with the best possible service.
8. Whose privacy statement is this and how can you contact us?
Who is the data controller?
This privacy statement is published by Schiphol Nederland B.V. Schiphol’s contact details are:
Schiphol Nederland B.V.
1118 ZG Schiphol
How to contact our Data Protection Officer
Schiphol has a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who can answer your questions concerning privacy. The DPO also provides us with advice and monitors Schiphol’s compliance with privacy laws and regulations.
If you have any questions or requests concerning your data, please send an e-mail to the DPO at email@example.com or send a letter to our postal address, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Please include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number together with your request.
9. How to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which we approach your privacy or handle your request or objection, you can file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority via [link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en/contact-dutch-dpa/contact-us].
10. Where to find the latest version of this privacy statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary. This may be due to changes in policies, changes in data-processing operations or changes in the systems that we use to process data.
This version of the statement was published in May 2020.